My Top 5 Johnny Cash Songs  

Posted by Unknown



In no particular order, because seriously who could really rank any of Johnny's music.

1. God's Gonna Cut You Down - Just an all over great song.

2. I Walk The Line - kind of personal statement about my love for my wife

3. Ring of Fire - the first song of Johnny's I loved.  And really what listing of great Johnny Cash songs wouldn't include this one.         

4. Hurt - another great song, even more so as he recorded this one just prior to June's death.  She is even in the video with him.

5. Long Black Veil - a classic Cash song.  Unlike this one, not many great songs are recorded anymore with a story to them.

6. Ring of Fire - Bonus for this one.  This is the cover that introduced me to Johnny - Thanks Social D.

What are your favorites and why?



This entry was posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 at Sunday, March 29, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

"Hurt" is a remake of the Nine Inch Nails song. I love Johnny, but the NIN version is much, much better. I think you have to be dark, morbid and overcome serious drug addictions to make that song meaningful the way Trent Reznor does. Oh...wait a second...

March 30, 2009 at 10:47 AM

A Boy Named Sue! The lighter side of Johnny. Speaking of the lighter side of Johnny, have you been following Joaquin Phoenix's hip-hop career? He's travelled quite a ways, artistically, since his "Walk the Line" biopic.

March 30, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Trent's original version of Hurt is great, but Johnny's version still trumps.

As for Juaquin.....whew where to start. Great in Walk the Line....not so great on Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y

March 31, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Ring of Fire baby!!! My favorite to the day I die. That takes me back to a whole lot of fun in the Fraternity. I'm sure you can relate.

April 17, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Post a Comment